3 Recipes For Natural Household Cleaning Solutions
If you want to start making your house a safer place to live, you may want to consider switching to natural household cleaning solutions. There are several good ingredients you can use to make natural cleaning solutions, and these solutions will be safer for your family. They are also effective for cleaning, and you can even ask your maid service to stick with these solutions when cleaning your home. Here are three good solutions you may want to make, and they will be good for cleaning almost anything in your house.
Window and surface cleaning solution
One common household task is cleaning your windows and mirrors. Here is a recipe for a homemade cleaner that works great on all mirrors and windows, and you can also use it on other types of surfaces too:
- Purchase one gallon of distilled water and pour about 1/2 cup out (this will leave room for the other ingredients).
- Pour 1/4 cup white vinegar in the gallon of water.
- Add 3 T. lemon juice and shake well.
- Pour some of this solution in a spray bottle.
This recipe will leave your windows shiny, clean, and free of streaks.
Floor cleaning solution
Vinegar is a great ingredient to use for many types of household cleaning tasks, including the cleaner you use for your floors. To make your own floor cleaner, purchase a gallon of vinegar. Pour 3 cups vinegar in a bucket and add 3 cups hot water. Add two to three tablespoons of any type of dish soap, and voila. This is all you need for almost any type of floor, including hardwood.
Toilet cleaning solution
Finally, you will need a solution to use for cleaning your toilets. Here is the perfect natural cleaner recipe that will clean and freshen your toilets:
- Get a large bowl to use to mix up the ingredients, and purchase a squeeze bottle to use for storing the solution.
- Pour 1/2 cup baking soda in the bowl and 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide.
- Add 10 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oil. This is added primarily for the scent, so choose a scent you like.
- Add one cup hot water and 1/2 cup vinegar. After doing this, the solution should begin foaming. Stir the solution and let it set for a few minutes until it stops foaming.
- Pour the solution into your squeeze bottle, and use it to clean your toilets.
Making natural cleaners is a great way to avoid using harsh, toxic chemicals for daily cleaning tasks. If you would like to learn more about natural cleaning methods, hire a maid service like McMaid in your area. They will be able to help you find other ways to keep your house clean with natural methods.